For the Good of the Gulf: UNC Law Winter/Spring Break Pro Bono Project

Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 1:

After my first day of working at the New Orleans Pro Bono Project I am reminded of the impact attorneys can have on the lives of their clients. Our clients in this case were impoverished individuals seeking a divorce. When a marriage comes to an end, it typically leaves at least one, if not both, former partners in emotional turmoil. It was not until I spoke to my first two clients over the phone that I could really appreciate the value of the free legal service we were providing.

The phone calls on this first day were for the purpose of making contact with the client to set up an interview to complete the divorce process. Both of the clients were really excited to hear from me and communicated how they were ready to get it over with and move on. During the phone calls, I could hear in the tone of their voice how genuinely thankful they were for the free legal assistance we provide. Speaking with the clients and hearing their appreciation let me know I was making a valuable contribution to their lives. I am thankful for having the opportunity to have such an impact through the New Orleans Pro Bono Project.

Jeremy Spears

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home